An estimated 40 million-plus people in the U.S. suffer from varicose veins caused by venous insufficiency. This condition occurs when the one-way valves in the veins fail, and are unable to move blood from the legs back to the heart. This results in blood pooling in the legs, leading to problems such as varicose veins.
What is endovenous laser ablation therapy (EVLT)?
EVLT is a leading-edge treatment for varicose veins that uses a laser or high-frequency radio waves to send intense, concentrated heat to the varicose vein (nonfunctioning vein).
EVLT closes off the problem vein but leaves it in place so there is minimal bleeding and bruising. Other advantages of EVLT include:
- Performed in-office with no hospital stay required.
- Treats veins near the surface of the skin.
- Requires little to no downtime, so most people return to normal activities quickly.
- Uses a tiny catheter and laser to close the vein from the inside, allowing it to be absorbed by the body.
What does EVLT mean for you?
If you are considering having endovenous laser therapy, here is a partial list of benefits many other people have experienced:
- Less chance of developing stasis ulcers (non-healing or slow-healing wounds that form due to backward flow of blood in the lower extremities)
- Relief from discomfort such as aches, heaviness and pain
- More efficient blood circulation
- Improved confidence in one’s appearance
- A minimally invasive, quick and easy treatment option
Leading edge vein care in Kerrville and San Antonio
If you’re suffering from varicose veins or spider veins and the symptoms that come with them, summer in Texas can be even more unforgiving. Especially when you don’t feel comfortable or confident enough to wear shorts in 100-degree heat. Fortunately, Dr. Martin Franklin can help.
A diplomate of the American Board of Venous & Lymphatic Medicine, and Board Certified by the American Osteopathic Board of Family Practice, Dr. Franklin practiced family medicine for more than 20 years, and has practiced expert vein care for more than 10 years. Let Dr. Franklin and our caring team of professionals help you look and feel your best.
To learn more about our specialized vein care, schedule your appointment today by calling 888-653-2728 or click here to use our online form.